Pleasure Island Team Surf Fishing Challenge FAQs
April 20 – 22, 2018
- Pleasure Island Team Surf Home
- Directions, Maps, and Boundaries
- Entry Form & Registration
- Become a Sponsor
PLEASURE ISLAND TEAM SURF FISHING CHALLENGE FAQs
1. Do you have to fish as a team or can individuals still enter?
This is a team event. Only teams of up to four anglers are able to enter this event.
2. Do you have to have four anglers or can you enter with less than four anglers?
Each team may consist of up to four anglers. You may have less than four anglers on your team, but you still have to pay the full entry fee price and no angler on any team may fish more than two rods.
3. Where will the weigh stations be located?
There are no weigh stations for this event. All teams weigh in all of their fish on Sunday, April 30, from 9:00 – 12:00 am at Lazy Pirate.
4. How many fish can each team weigh in?
Each team can weigh in up to three fish in each category (bluefish, red drum, black drum, and sea mullet) as the main leaderboard is based on a team’s three-fish aggregate.
5. Will the Town of Carolina Beach be giving anglers discounted passes for Freeman Park?
The Town of Carolina Beach will not be giving anglers discounted passes for the spring event, and that’s because the spring event is considered a private event. The Town will be offering discounted passes again, though, for the fall event.
6. How do I find out information about passes, camping, tents, fires, alcohol, and bathrooms on Freeman Park (the north end)?
Call the Town of Carolina Beach at (910) 458-2977 or visit www.carolinabeach.org for more information.
7. Does my entry fee include a pass to Fort Fisher State Recreational Area (the south end)?
No, the state has never provided free passes to the south end. Passes must be purchased from the Ranger Station at the entrance to the drive-on beach. They will be open until 5:00 pm on Friday, April 20, and then open at 8:00 on Saturday morning. You can call (910) 458-5798 for more information.
8. How do I find out information about passes, camping, tents, fires, alcohol, and bathrooms on Fort Fisher State Recreational Area (the south end)?
Call the Fort Fisher State Recreational Area office at (910) 458-5798 or visit www.ncparks.gov/fort-fisher-state-recreation-area for more information.
9. How do I find out information about camping, tents, fires, alcohol, and bathrooms on the walk-on beaches?
Most of these actions are prohibited on the walk-on beaches of Carolina Beach, Kure Beach, and Fort Fisher. Information can be found at the following locations: Carolina Beach (www.CarolinaBeach.org, 910-458-2999); Kure Beach (www.townofkurebeach.org, 910-458-8216); Fort Fisher State Recreational Area (www.ncparks.gov/fort-fisher-state-recreation-area, 910-458-5798).
10. Do I have to worry about paying parking meters and pay-for-parking machines?
The Town of Carolina Beach no longer provides our participants with free parking, so yes you will need to pay meters and machines. However, the Lazy Pirate (our host for this event) will provide as much free parking as they can for Registration and Awards.
11. When do you update the leaderboard over the weekend of fishing, and where can I find the updated leaderboards?
There will be no updates because no teams will be weighing in until Sunday morning.
12. Can I register for the tournament on the Friday before fishing starts at midnight?
Yes, Registration is open from 3:00 pm until 11:00 pm on Friday, April 20, at Lazy Pirate.
13. Does each team member have to come by Registration in person to pick up his/her arm band, or can a team representative come by and pick up bands for the team?
Every angler on every team must pick up their arm band in person. No exceptions.
14. Do all fish have to be weighed in alive?
No, there are no live weigh-in requirements for any of the fish categories.
15. Will you be making similar changes to the annual fall version of the Pleasure Island Surf Fishing Challenge?
The fall event will remain just as it has been with weigh stations and individual entry.