Topsail Inshore Challenge Rules
July 14 – 15, 2017, at East Coast Sports
- Topsail Challenge Home
- Welcome Message
- Maps and Directions
- Complete Rules
- Entry Form and Registration
- Become a Sponsor
- Inshore Tournament Trail
Click here for a printable version of the rules: 2017 Topsail Inshore Challenge Rules.
1. The primary payouts go to the boats with the heaviest weight total of up to two red drum.
2. The tournament’s entry fee allows you to have as many anglers on your boat as you’d like (within safety limitations).
3. The one fishing day is Saturday, July 15. The tournament will reserve the right to hold Sunday, July 16, as an optional foul weather day.
4. There are no checkouts and no boundaries.
5. Fish must be caught during tournament hours. No lines in the water until after 6:00 a.m.
6. All boats must be within 25 yards of the Quartermaster weigh-in dock by 4:00 p.m.
7. Scales will open at 1:00 p.m. at Quartermaster weigh-in dock. No weigh-ins allowed before 1:00 p.m.
8. Each boat may present only two red drum and/or only one flounder (if entered in the Flounder TWT) to the weigh master, at which time their fishing day has ended.
9. All fish weighed in will become the property of the Topsail Inshore Challenge.
10. Any angler, if directed by the tournament committee, must submit to a polygraph test within 72 hours after the last fish has been weighed. This decision is at the sole discretion of the tournament committee. Should the test be failed or if the angler fails to participate in the polygraph test within the 72 hours, the tournament committee reserves the right to forfeit all winnings awarded to the winner in question.
11. All protests made to the tournament committee shall be accompanied by a $200 cash deposit. All protests shall be made no later than one hour after the last fish has been weighed. The $200 cash deposit will be returned if the tournament committee upholds the protest. The $200 cash deposit will become the property of the Topsail Inshore Challenge if the protest is not upheld. All decisions of the tournament committee shall be final.
12. The three TWTs (tournament within a tournament)—Single Big Red Drum TWT, Two Red Drum TWT, and Single Big Flounder TWT—all have a payout ratio of 1st—50%, 2nd—30%, and 3rd—20%. Participants in the tournament are not required to enter the TWTs. They are offered as another way for you to win money.
13. Prizes are awarded solely on the basis of fish weight. In the event of identical weights, the first fish weighed shall be declared the winner.
14. All fish must be caught on hook and line and from the registered boat.
15. All fish must be weighed in from the boat in which they were caught. All fish must remain aboard the boat on which they were caught until a crewmember takes the fish to the scales. No overland transport to the weigh station will be allowed, and a crewmember must accompany the fish to the scales.
16. By signing the entry form, the captain and crew, etc. consent that the Topsail Inshore Challenge may use without payment or restrictions any photographs in which he or she appears for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to resale, advertising, commercial, or promotional material.
17. Two or more boats seen congregating may be disqualified from the tournament.
18. This tournament does not have any boundaries; however, a boat may not fish within 50 yards of Quarter Master’s weigh-in dock.
19. All fish will be received and inspected by the terms of the weigh master.
20. All fish must adhere to North Carolina state size regulations.
21. No cut or mutilated fish will be accepted, and fish must be in edible condition.
22. A boat may only win one primary prize, but they may win more than one secondary prize.
23. The Junior Angler must be 14 years of age or younger and must accompany the fish to weigh-in. Anyone 14-years-old or younger is automatically considered a junior angler. This prize is based on the single heaviest red drum.
24. The Lady Angler must accompany the fish to weigh-in. This prize is based on the single heaviest red drum.
25. The Senior Angler must be at least 60 years of age and must accompany the fish to weigh-in. Any male 60-years-old or older is automatically considered a senior angler. This prize is based on the single heaviest red drum.
26. The SeaTow prize goes to the boat with a current SeaTow membership that weighs in the single heaviest red drum.
27. The tournament committee has the right to refuse entry from any applicant. If an entry is refused, then 100% of the applicant’s entry fee will be returned.
28. All captains and crewmembers are responsible for reading and following all rules and regulations set forth by the Topsail Inshore Challenge.
Questions? Contact Fisherman’s Post at (910) 452-6378 or firstname.lastname@example.org.