Pleasure Island Fall Surf Fishing Challenge FAQs
October 20 – 22, 2017
- Pleasure Island Fall Surf Home
- Directions, Maps, and Boundaries
- Entry Form & Registration
- Become a Sponsor
PLEASURE ISLAND FALL SURF FISHING CHALLENGE FAQs
1. Does my entry fee include a pass to Freeman Park (the north end)?
This year the Town of Carolina Beach once again voted to offer our tournament anglers 50% off the daily pass ($15) and/or three-day pass rate ($45). Tournament anglers can purchase these 50% off Freeman Park passes on Friday at Registration from 2:00-11:00 pm.
2. How do I find out information about passes, camping, tents, fires, alcohol, and bathrooms on Freeman Park (the north end)?
Call the Town of Carolina Beach at (910) 458-2977 or visit www.carolinabeach.org for more information.
3. Does my entry fee include a pass to Fort Fisher State Recreational Area (the south end)?
No, the state has never provided free passes to the south end. Passes must be purchased from the Ranger Station at the entrance to the drive-on beach. They will be open until 5:00 pm on Friday, October 20, and then open at 8:00 on Saturday morning. You can call (910) 458-5798 for more information.
4. How do I find out information about passes, camping, tents, fires, alcohol, and bathrooms on Fort Fisher State Recreational Area (the south end)?
Call the Fort Fisher State Recreational Area office at (910) 458-5798 or visit www.ncparks.gov/fort-fisher-state-recreation-area for more information.
5. How do I find out information about camping, tents, fires, alcohol, and bathrooms on the walk-on beaches?
Most of these actions are prohibited on the walk-on beaches of Carolina Beach, Kure Beach, and Fort Fisher. Information can be found at the following locations: Carolina Beach (www.CarolinaBeach.org, 910-458-2999); Kure Beach (www.townofkurebeach.org, 910-458-8216); Fort Fisher State Recreational Area (www.ncparks.gov/fort-fisher-state-recreation-area, 910-458-5798).
6. Do I have to worry about paying parking meters and pay-for-parking machines?
The Town of Carolina Beach no longer provides our participants with free parking, so yes you will need to pay meters and machines.
7. When do you update the leaderboard over the weekend of fishing, and where can I find the updated leaderboards?
Updates will be done at 10:00 am on Saturday, 8:00 pm on Saturday, and 8:00 am on Sunday, and each update will be posted in three places:
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/FishPost. Latest updates will be posted to the top of our feed.
- Website: www.FishermansPost.com. Latest updates will be posted on the Results page on the Pleasure Island Surf Fishing Challenge section of our website.
- Weigh-In Stations: Each weigh-in station will have a whiteboard with the latest updates.
8. Can I register for the tournament on the Friday before fishing starts at midnight?
Yes, Registration is open until 11:00 pm on Friday, October 20.
9. Do I have to come by Registration in person to pick up my arm band, or can I have someone come by and pick it up for me?
Every angler must pick up their arm band in person. No exceptions.
10. Do all fish have to be weighed in alive?
No, there are no live weigh-in requirements for any of the fish categories, including red drum.
11. Where on Freeman Park (the north end) will the weigh station be located?
At the beginning of the beach open to camping on Freeman Park.
12. Where on Fort Fisher State Recreational Area (the south end) will the weigh station be located?
At Crossover 1 on the Fort Fisher State Recreational Area drive-on beach.